[boston-lisp] I need *you* to help with Boston Lisp Meetings

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 17:23:40 UTC 2010

Yesterday we had a nice meeting but the turnaround is disappointing,
probably because we aren't looking for the potential public where it
is. And so I'm calling for helpers to

1- Design posters to invite people to join. e.g. xkcd.com/297/ or a
"lisp is the red pill" thingie, slogans like "Meet other coders who
code code coding code for fun!"

2- Actually print and post these posters in various computer science
departments or software companies around boston.

3- Maintain a website / blog.

4- Find places and mailing-lists where to announce meetings

5- Automate the announcement of meetings to those places.

6- Find good speakers.

7- Give lightning talks

8- Optionally, find sponsors to offer a buffet or some other food.

You don't have to commit to more than one of the activities at once,
but it would be nice if you could do whatever you do every month.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                — H. L. Mencken