[boston-lisp] local lisper's roguelike game

David O'Toole dto at gnu.org
Fri Dec 12 07:55:32 UTC 2008

My CL roguelike game project is approaching playable alpha so I
thought I would announce it here and see if anyone has comments or
feedback. The project homepage is
http://dto.mamalala.org/notebook/rlx.html and it is structured as a
"virtual game console" for 2d roguelike-ish games. You could probably
also do a basic snake game or tetris but I haven't tried this
yet---instead I'm trying to create a sci-fi roguelike with (hopefully)
innovative and fun combat (see page for images and video links)

I live near Worcester about 45 minutes from Boston and have attended a
previous Boston Lisp meeting, which I greatly enjoyed. So perhaps I
could give a quick talk about the technology if there is an open space
at some future meeting? I used a custom object system called CLON (see
cliki entry or visit http://github.com/dto/clon ) and maybe it would
be interesting to explain why I think it works for the game. I have a
laptop with vga out so I could maybe hook up to the projector and give
a colorful demo with plenty of explosions.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

---Dave