[boston-lisp] No Boston Lisp Meeting for August - Next Meeting in September

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:10:31 UTC 2008

No Boston Lisp Meeting for August - Next Meeting in September

Due to the organizer (me) doing too many other things this summer and
lacking the foresight to delegate, no speaker was found for August. I
don't feel like rushing things so late in the game, so unless a
surprise speaker is found on short notice, there won't be a Boston
Lisp Meeting this August.

But lo and behold, we have speakers for September and October. On
Monday September 29th 2008, 1800, Rich Hickey will give a long talk on
Clojure, his new Lisp dialect for the JVM, at the usual venue MIT
34-401B. Official announcement will follow later this month.

In October (Monday 27th?), Tim McNerney will hopefully talk about his
past work on verification of correctness of a compiler transformation
pass through abstract interpretation.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                -- Philip K. Dick