[boston-lisp] Job opportunity at Eaton Vance

Dan Stanger dan.stanger at ieee.org
Tue Aug 12 11:02:44 UTC 2008

Hello All,
Following is a job description for a position at Eaton Vance. The group
you would be in is developing a BRL and scheme based application, which
is why I am posting this position here. I am also eligible for a
referral bonus if I forward your resume.
Regards,
Dan Stanger

Position: Equity and Corporate Administration Developer
Location: Eaton Vance

Job Description:
*Eaton Vance is a Boston-based investment management firm, with a
history dating to 1924. Eaton Vance, whose stock trades on the New York
Stock Exchange under the symbol EV, established its reputation by
offering a conservative approach to managing money and an uncompromising
commitment to integrity and quality. Eaton Vance and its affiliates
manage more than $163.3 billion in assets for more than 100 investment
companies, as well as individual and institutional accounts, including
those of corporations, hospitals, retirement plans, universities,
foundations and trusts. Eaton Vance offers a complete product line for
creating and growing wealth, protecting and preserving wealth and,
ultimately, for distributing wealth. *

*_Basic Purpose:_*
* *
Supports the Eaton Vance Equity Research department and corporate
administrative departments by coding web-based user interfaces to view
and manipulate data. Works within the IT department’s Application
Integration group to make applications integrate in a Service-Oriented
Architecture (SOA).
* *
*_Primary Responsibilities_*_:_

   1. Maintains and enhances existing web applications, or develops new
      applications as needed. Duties include quality software code
      creation, testing, version control and release management.
   2. Evaluates tools for the creation and use of web services and
      advocates for them at the appropriate technical steering committee(s).
   3. Participates in industry conferences and relevant seminar and
      training classes to present best practices back to the Application
      Integration group.
   4. Leads client demonstrations and requirement collection meetings,
      reviewing application prototypes and functionality enhancements.
   5. Assists with configuration of web server software including
      installing service packs and security updates.
   6. Adheres to Eaton Vance IT security policies and other relevant
      policies.

*_Job Requirements_*:

   1. Minimum 2 years experience working with a relational database,
      preferably Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle or PostgreSQL.
   2. Minimum 1 year experience working with J2EE, preferably Struts
   3. Minimum 1 year experience working with PHP
   4. A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience,
      or a familiarity with functional languages, primarily Scheme.
      Familiarity with Common Lisp, ML, F#, Haskell, Erlang or other
      functional languages is also helpful.
   5. A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both
      verbally and in writing.

*By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of
the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We
offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous
opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position
that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the
future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming
a part of our continued success!

*