[bknr-devel] bknr.datastore store lockfile

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:44:05 UTC 2012

Are there any plans to add a lockfile to bknr.datastore stores? Right
now it seems possible for multiple Lisp processes to open the same
store, and I'm not sure the resulting behavior is desirable.

Another problem I noticed (at least with SBCL on Linux) is that taking
a store whose directory permissions are owned by some user and opening
it as a process running as root (for example, if running a daemon that
opens the store before doing setuid) causes that store to be erased
for some reason.

Vladimir