[bknr-devel] BKNR web, best place to start digging

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:01:50 UTC 2010

Hi Frederico,

in order to get an impression how the web stuff works, have a look at
the projects/ directory in the subversion repository
(http://bknr.net/trac/browser/trunk/projects/quickhoney).
Unfortunately, many of the projects have regressed.

The quickhoney project works off the current trunk version.  If you
want to give it a try, load the :quickhoney system and evaluate
(quickhoney::startup).  To make your life easier, please check out the
complete trunk from subversion and add all thirdparty/ directories to
your asdf:*central-registry* (see src/make-core.lisp for a function
that does that automatically).

The "bos" project is another customer project that I maintain, but it
is deployed off a branch and I don't know if it works off the trunk.
It is the project that I put most work into, so you may want to look
at it to get some idea how the web environment is used.

There is a "hello-web" project that is meant to be a template for new
projects, but I have not maintained it in a while and it does not
currently work.

One thing that I regret having done is that I used to import framework
packages into my application.  This makes it much harder to study
source code, as the symbols do not immediately reflect the package
that they're coming from.  I've moved away from that practice a few
years ago, but in the projects directory, you'll have to learn which
of the symbols are actually from the framework packages.

Cheers,
Hans