[bknr-devel] Fwd: searching intervals, sorting and invalid-store-random-state signaled when opening a store

madnificent at gmail.com madnificent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:07:52 UTC 2010

Dear,

First of all thank you for splitting off bknr-datastore.  Whilst playing around with it, some questions arose.

Searching Intervals:
Is there some sort of index or a common idiom to search for all objects in which a specified property's value lies within a certain interval?  For instance: listing/mapping over all widgets which have been created between monday and wednesday.  Or all exams of a particular pupil which were scored between 35 and 56.  Or should I create filters based on the index-mapvalues and index-values?
Sorting:
Does an index's index-reader (for instance a string-unique-index (but I'd like to know for others as well)) guarantee something with respect to the order in which the results are mapped/listed?  If not: is there some idiom to receive a sorted list or should I create a custom index to limit the amount of sorting?

Condition Signaled:
Whenever I restart my lisp image in slime and open a previously used store, I receive an invalid-store-random-state in SBCL 1.0.37.  Two meaningful restarts are given, being initialize-store-random-state and ignore-store-random-state.  Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong or is this a bug of some sort?

Thank you,

mad