[bknr-devel] problem deleting datastore objects and multiple inheritance

Hans Huebner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 15:24:45 UTC 2006

Hi Kamen,

On 9/15/06, Kamen TOMOV <kamen at cybuild.com> wrote:
> By the way could you please elaborate a bit about this maintenance
> mode you've mentioned? I find bknr-datastore a superb technology
> applicable in many projects and as I remember how passionate you were
> about it, this sounds weird.

I still believe that the datastore approach is right, and I don´t
expect to change my opinion.  "Maintenance mode" means that I do not
currently have new projects based on BKNR, so I am supporting my two
existing projects and that´s about it.  When Manuel and I started
developing BKNR, I planned to stay self-employed and do more
commercial products based on this technology.  As time has shown, I
did not have enough financial background to bridge the time between
projects (I have family to support), so I am now employed again and
working on C++/Javascript based embedded systems for a living.
Supporting my old customers and BKNR is something I do in my free
time.

Manuel, who wrote a lot of the better stuff in BKNR, has pretty much
left computing for personal reasons, so I am the only person to
support the system right now.  As I wrote:  I do my best to do this,
but in the end it is more or less a hobby which cannot really take
that much of my free time.

Cheers,
Hans