[bknr-devel] Make bknr adsf-installable

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed May 17 04:36:57 UTC 2006

Hi Xan,

thanks for contacting us.  In fact, making bknr asdf-installable is
one of the open, but much-wanted goals as it would greatly enhance the
usability of the system.  I am not so sure whether splitting into
packages with reduced feature sets makes so much sense, though.  I'd
like to see a bknr asdf-install package that installs only the
datastore with all associated features, leaving out all of the
web-related stuff and projects.

If you want to do it, just send me patches.  I am also open to
discussions relating what to include and what not.  I don't currently
have new projects running on bknr, but there are four projects in
maintenance mode that I would like to see stay compatible with the
front line of bknr development.  This is not a strict requirement,
though.

Cheers,
Hans