[bknr-devel] a simple kind of store

Kamen TOMOV ktomov at web.de
Thu Mar 16 09:27:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

The application I am working on needs a special kind of object system.

What's special about it is that any store object will not ever be
updated after its creation. The data would be used only for generation
of reports so searching through the store should be supported. As
reports would be rarely generated the objects should not be held in
memory. Deletion should be supported.

I was thinking of using the bknr-datastore in a following pattern:
1. Opening the data store;
2. Creation/Deletetion/Search;
3. Closing the data store.

But there seem to be some obstacles:

1. As there will be a lot of entries, opening of the data store is a
   slow process. Too slow if we do it just to add an object;

2. This object system needs to live together with the bknr-datastore
   so we can't open/close no matter of the rest of the store.

So what do you think? Is BKNR framework suitable for this purpose?

Thanks!

--
Kamen TOMOV