[bknr-devel] threads with bknr-datastore

Kamen TOMOV ktomov at web.de
Fri Jan 27 15:30:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 26 2006, Hans Hübner wrote:

> Hi Kamen,
>
> there is no provision for thread-safety in the bknr datastore.  I
> don't have any need for thread safety, but if there are small
> patches which would help in such an environment, I'll be fine with
> having them.  In general, I don't think that threads are such a good
> idea anyway.

Dear Hans,

Thank you for your message. It is not that I have decided to use
threads in my application. The thing is that I am not aware of the
alternatives that the platform presents. I am coming from a
Algol-derived languages land.

The application I am working on is a multiuser enterprise
application. It definitely needs to be responsive. How would you
achieve that without using threads with CL?

Thank you.

Regards,
--
Kamen