[bknr-devel] Warning: Encoding destroyed object

Kamen TOMOV ktomov at web.de
Sun Feb 26 17:14:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 23 2006, Hans Hübner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot reproduce this, at least not from what you describe.  The
> warning is the result of a reference to a deleted object being
> written to the transaction log, presumable referenced from a slot of
> another object.  Can you provide me with an isolated test case?

Dear Hans,

Sorry of not responding earlier.

Here is an isolated test case:

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :bknr-impex)
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :bknr-datastore)

(defpackage some-example
  (:use
   #:common-lisp
   #:bknr.impex
   #:puri
   #:bknr.indices
   #:bknr.datastore))

(in-package :some-example)

(define-persistent-class obj (store-object)
  ())

(deftransaction del (obj)
  (delete-object obj))

(make-instance
 'mp-store
 :directory "/tmp/tmp-store/"
 :subsystems (list (make-instance 'store-object-subsystem)))

(del (make-object 'obj :name "a test" :type nil))

I noticed that if "del" is not a transaction it does not signal a
warning. I am not sure why is so. Beside delete-object I would like to
physically delete the file there. Thanks.

Regards,
--
Kamen TOMOV