[bknr-devel] string multiple-slot indices

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:27:34 UTC 2006

Hi Kamen,

we have used the array-index in an application that stored map
locations referenced by a coordinate.  The coordinate is stored in x
and y slots of the objects, and we wanted to retrieve objects by
coordinate, without writing a special purpose index for the
application.

The array-index class is only good to index objects with multiple
slots that have integral values.  There is nothing I can see that
precludes other multiple-slot indices which would accept string
values, but that would be more involved to implement.

The dimensions of the index array are required to set up the array
that holds the index.

I hope that this answers your question.

Cheers,
Hans