Is anyone maintaining arnesi?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:10:06 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Russ Tyndall <russ at acceleration.net> wrote:
> I have pushed what I hope to be a mostly compatible branch with full history
> from the darks repository.  Almost all the tests are passing in this version
> and it includes the patches from the vseloved repo merged on top.  I tried
> to revamp the anemic README to be at least a little more helpful.
>
> Unfortunately, it is hard to guarantee that everything is just exactly the
> same with so much time passing.  The biggest backward compatibility
> difference I see is a couple functions take keyword arguments instead of
> optional args (eg: make-reducer).  Also this arnesi uses collectors (which
> was branched out of arnesi into an independent project a while ago).
>
> Beyond that I am happy to maintain this project since I need to anyway or
> scede maintainership to vseloved.
>
> Please do report bugs one place or the other.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/AccelerationNet/arnesi

Thanks a lot, Russ!

Can you tell Xach to update quicklisp by filing an issue on quicklisp-project?

Can you update cliki?

Can you update the common-lisp.net page? Do you have access rights?

If arnesi gets slowly split into several smaller better projects,
that's great, as long as there's a migration path. UIOP 3.2's
with-deprecation can maybe help.

The structure of your purposes will inform your actions and their success,
even if you don't tell them to others, or to yourself.