[Bese-devel] serve-file and content-disposition

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Thu May 27 15:35:31 UTC 2010

burban at opopop.net writes:

> Well, can't really answer about your content-type question. But I
> never used static-roots-application-mixin before, relying on apache to
> direct the request to static file or UCW handling. You triggered my
> curiosity.
>
> So static-roots-application-mixin works (I tried downloading non-html
> files). Except that you have to run the :after method
> startup-application by hand; registering the application in a running
> server won't do it. You are normally not hit by that as other types of
> applications don't need an initializer. I see no reason that
> initialization step couldn't be put in make-instance, or am I missing
> something?

IIRC You are not permitted to extend make-instance directly, and that
would be the wrong time to register the entry points anyway (given that
there may very well be no server associated with the application).

AFAICT with the server protocol registering an application should *not*
make it start anyway; there are separate `register-FOO' and `start-FOO'
methods for a reason. I am thinking it should be an error to register an
application with a server that is already running, but I'll defer to
drewc's opinion on this.

--
Jessie: but today i was a nerd
Jessie: i even read slashdot.