[Bese-devel] bug in ucw-core demo

burban at opopop.net burban at opopop.net
Mon May 10 21:51:17 UTC 2010

Hi!

I upgraded to the latest ucw-core from the darcs repo at
http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/repos/ucw-core/

It happens that the link "Test CALL/ANSWER MAGIC" in the demo doesn't
work as expected: it's badly formatted when you hit "Test CALL",
and it raises an error when you click "IT! (hit here)". I hunted
that down to darcs patch tagged:

Wed May  6 21:40:52 CEST 2009  clinton at unknownlamer.org
  * Move proper defintion of `ucw-core:make-action' into ucw-core
  Ignore-this: abbb3a9c4d7ff9a6addf4f3b5c3cbcff
  * Use ucw-standard definition and move *default-action-class* into
    ucw-core with a new default of 'basic-action
  * Rebind ucw-core:*default-action-class* to
    'ucw-standard:standard-action in an :around method on
    `standard-application's `service'
  * Export *default-action-class* and `action' from ucw-core packagec

The crux is basic-action is not enough to get that demo working,
the workaround is easy:
hunk ./demo/demo.lisp 19
-(defclass demo-application (basic-application)
+(defclass demo-application (standard-application)

Regards.

--

B. Urban