[Bese-devel] Follow up to "New tutorial typos"

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 09:08:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:41 PM,  <burban at opopop.net> wrote:
> szergling <senatorzergling at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> Now, I am also confused about another thing. Suppose a component
>> displays an action that does not 'answer', but has side-effects
>> instead. I'm not sure why this action would repeatedly get called even
>> when the component display is only refreshed and not clicked on.
>>
>> Here is a simple example to illustrate:
>>
>> (defcomponent refresh-demo ()
>>   ((value :initform 0
>>           :accessor component-value)))
>
> Add slot option ":backtrack t" for value.

Ahh, that works now. And I was only trying to understand that myself
with my frame & backtracking illustration (in the same post!). I
thought I did try the :backtrack option, or perhaps it was :component,
but that might have been too late in the night.

> Well, time for a new chapter of the tutorial "backtracking":)

How was my tree diagram for a start? Comes complete with a "gotcha"! :D

Thanks for the heads up!