[Bese-devel] [patch] Add plain HTML generation

Aankhen aankhen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:19:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I always use straight HTML 4.01 rather than XHTML 1.0 or 1.1, so I
patched yaclml to take this into account by adding two variables:
*YACLML-MODE* and *YACLML-ALWAYS-QUOTE-HTML-ATTRIBUTE-VALUES-P* (both
exported from the package).

*YACLML-MODE* may be :HTML or :XML.  The default is :XML, which means
that existing users will see no difference.

*YACLML-ALWAYS-QUOTE-HTML-ATTRIBUTE-VALUES-P* is set to NIL by
default.  If this is NIL, values for which SIMPLE-ATTRIBUTE-VALUE-P
returns T will be left unquoted.

The logic for deciding whether to emit SGML or XML is emitted as part
of the macros, so the runtime value of *YACLML-MODE* determines which
will be emitted, rather than the compile-time value as with CL-WHO.
One downside I can see is that this means extra code to execute at
runtime.

Hope this is useful to someone apart from me. :-)
Aankhen