[Bese-devel] ucw-core + ajax + jQuery

burban at opopop.net burban at opopop.net
Mon Apr 20 21:50:45 UTC 2009

Henrik Hjelte <henrik at evahjelte.com> writes:

> We might be able to help with updating the ajax parts, but my
> enthusiasm for dojo has faded a lot. If we are going to update it I
> would suggest using jQuery because it could be refreshing to work with
>  something easy, stable, widely-used and with momentum. I have
> experience with dojo and prototype but am trying out jQuery right now
> for these reasons plus that it plays well with other libraries.
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=jquery%2Cdojo%2Cmootols%2Cyui%2Cextjs

Well, I am so far as to use ucw-core, augmented with ajax stuff and
along with jQuery!

It's not polished at all yet, the replaced component renders slightly
misplaced, and it's dirtyness has to be set by hand.

The modified ucw-core:
http://lisp.opopop.net/files/ucw-core-ajax.tgz

The modified web site, with a jquery copy:
http://lisp.opopop.net/files/core-lisp-app.tgz

Files of interest are:
lisp-app/main-ajax/application-ajax.lisp
lisp-app/static/scripts/ajaxify.js

(The last file is a bit too specific currently)

So yes, that road seems interesting to follow.

Regards.

--

B. Urban