[Bese-devel] patches for UCW and some questions for ucw-core

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Thu Apr 16 10:46:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:13 AM,  <burban at opopop.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was a bit reluctant to use the latest ucw_ajax due to the "dojo
> TabContainer" demo not working. I found the problem I think (a not
> completely reverted fix about flickering from ... October 2007!!), and
> here is a complete sets of patches for the latest ucw_ajax with the
> most recent libraries: http://lisp.opopop.net/files/patch-ucw-ajax
>
> I have some questions about the future direction of ucw-core.
>
> 1) ucw-core as it is now is a bit limited; what are the plans for new
> modules?  I have integrated back a module for tal templating, see:
> http://lisp.opopop.net/files/ucw-core2.tgz (directory src/ucw-tal)
>
> I have brought back the ajax framework, but that won't fly without
> js.  So my second question:
>
> 2) What about using a more recent version of dojo? The one in UCW
> seems really old. Has someone already worked on a update?

We have some old code using a tweaked version of the old ucw_ajax, and
might be interested in converting it to the new codebase. But I
haven't actually looked closely on the refactored code yet.

We might be able to help with updating the ajax parts, but my
enthusiasm for dojo has faded a lot. If we are going to update it I
would suggest using jQuery because it could be refreshing to work with
 something easy, stable, widely-used and with momentum. I have
experience with dojo and prototype but am trying out jQuery right now
for these reasons plus that it plays well with other libraries.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=jquery%2Cdojo%2Cmootols%2Cyui%2Cextjs

Cheers,
Henrik Hjelte