[Bese-devel] Convenient control flow

Drew Crampsie drewc at tech.coop
Tue Oct 2 19:08:30 UTC 2007

Mariano Montone wrote:
> Is there any way of intercepting a child answer and act upon that, other
> than embedding a task?
> I have experience with Seaside (the smalltalk framework) and they provide an
> onAnswer: method that I was able to invoke from the parent component (no
> need to embed any task).

Usually, I would do this intercept in the action itself, rather than
specializing a method, something like

(let ((answer (call 'foo)))
  (some-action-or-method self answer))

You could also specialize the answer-component* method, and you may be
able to achieve what you want, but you're in nose-dragon area there.

> Hope the question is clear. I'll provide an example if it is not.

If you can example of what it is you need to do (rather than how you are
trying to do it), i'll try to tell you how we'd do that in UCW :).

Cheers,

drewc