[Bese-devel] UCW-CORE cleanup/separation-of-concerns patch vol. 1

Hamish Harvey hamish at hamishharvey.com
Fri Mar 30 10:41:28 UTC 2007

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> the implicit self argument is also a little confusing for newcomers
> and questions always keep popping up about errors due to not being
> aware of this.

I'm not using UCW at the moment, so you can make what you want of
this, but I can confirm that the implicit argument is confusing to a
newcomer. It would have been worse if I hadn't already been familiar
with SLIME and its cross referencing facilities. Implicitly defined
names are contrary established CL style for a reason.

Hamish