[Bese-devel] UCW AJAX Question

John Doe x-set at mail.ru
Fri Jun 29 05:29:06 UTC 2007

Hi

I have working UCW configuration (SBCL 1.0.6, UCW built-in web server), and going to skip configuration questions for now. The more interesting question:
How to call Lisp methods directly from JavaScript and return results through AJAX callback ?
According UCW examples I could register AJAX action for button or another widget, but I didn't found how to call AJAX method from arbitrary JavaScript function. For example, I create a table with JavaScript which do all rendering at client side, JavaScript decides when to make request to server for next portion of information.

Please, help! Is it possible with UCW_AJAX to pack arbitrary data (XML,S-EXPR ???) and send to Common Lisp side, then receive arbitrary form data from server, unpack it and render (method should work with IE without special plugins) ?

With best regards
XSet