Re[3]: [Bese-devel] UCW AJAX Problem

John Doe x-set at mail.ru
Wed Jun 27 04:21:19 UTC 2007

Hi

> I would suggest you look at the communication between client and server
> using the Firefox plugin called Tamper Data.

Is it possible to find crossbrowser solution (I need to support IE too) ?

> modlisp form source. It have a vague rememberance that it may have with
> chunked transfers to do. Also, ask yourself what you want the modlisp
> backend for. Is it a premature optimization? Also you can still have apache
> but use proxying and mod_rewrite to communicate with the http or another
> backend.

Simply with mod_lisp backend all worker threads never die, but with UCW's built-in server I get "No worker threads" constantly.

> This seems very very strange, I have not heard of it. Does SBCL stop for
> garbage collection at all? I use it all the time and don't see this.

Exactly. It should have generational GC, but it stops all jobs while collecting garbage.
Is it possible to change this behaviour somehow ? What version of SBCL and Linux do you use for real things ?

> SBCL, which is probably most popular. I have also tried Allegro. You can
> also try clisp or openmcl. But stay away of windows, it is not acceptable
> for production.

Sure ;-) Our target server platform is Linux.

> If I were you I would stick with SBCL/Linux and the default http server.

It is only one working solution for now, 'cause I can't build working UCW_AJAX using Lispworks,mod_lisp etc. I'd like to use LispWorks. Trying to port current UCW_AJAX to Lispworks > 4.4.

Thanks for answers
XSet