[Bese-devel] Bugfix in trivial-sockets SBCL backend

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:17:52 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Marijn Haverbeke <marijnh at gmail.com> wrote:

> (With trivial-sockets being unmaintained, I'm sending this patch here so
> that people who use it can update their own versions -- I guess we'll have
> to either move to usocket or branch trivial-sockets sometime soon).

for reference, we do have a branch:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=bese-trivial-sockets_until-i-can-merge-with-the-mainline;a=summary

When an error like 'connection refused' occurs when opening a socket,
> trivial-sockets leaks a socket handle - it doesn't return a stream but it
> did create a socket, and there's some strangeness in SBCL that makes it okay
> to just close the stream for a socket when you're done with it, but if you
> don't get a stream you should explicitly close the socket object itself. The
> attached patch makes trivial-sockets close the socket when it fails to
> create a stream.

applied, thanks!

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)