[Bese-devel] httpd rejecting foreign connections by default?

Tim Martin tim at semichrome.net
Wed Sep 13 21:33:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm completly new to UCW, and almost completely new to CL. I've
installed the ucw-boxset using SBCL under linux, and haven't changed the
configuration at all. Running the start script seems to go OK, but I
can't connect to the app from anywhere other than localhost. I've tested
connecting to a trivial perl script on the same port, so I'm fairly
certain there's no firewalls getting in the way.

Before I go diving in trying to figure out what went wrong, is there
anything obvious I should know about? I tried frobbing some of the
settings in etc/conf.lisp (in particular, setting the ucw-backend-host
parameter to the external IP of the server) without effect.

I've used mod_lisp briefly, and I guess I can probably get round this by
using the mod_lisp backend, but ideally I'd like to get running with UCW
without too much more work configuring it.

Tim