[Bese-devel] UCW is slow ?

mico at sibmail.com mico at sibmail.com
Fri Oct 13 12:42:41 UTC 2006

I have to admit that I am UCW newbie and lisp newbie too. But I am very
interested in remote lisp web apps debugging and lisp itself. I have
some questions about your answer.

> compilation time is not important and unrelated to ucw. i've got a saved
> image that starts up in <1sec and is a fully configured ucw application.
I wanted to get such an image and tried that with
(sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die "ucw.core"). It was successfully created. Then I
tried to load it with sbcl --core ucw.core but I don't know how to start the
server after that. When I just run ucw with sbcl --load start.lisp in the
root directory of ucw it loads about half of a minute till the server starts.

> above these ucw is not a speed devil, but it's fast enough not to be able
> to measure its speed by clicking in the browser served by ucw on the same
> machine, especially with ff which is quite cpu-hungry.

I thought it must be faster than corresponding web frameworks written in
perl,
python and ruby because of lisp.

> for me the counter is 2+ clicks/sec in ajax mode with ff and ucw on the
> same machine.
Yes, I have approximately the same speed, but it seems slow.. May because of
heavy DoJo.

Thanks!