[Bese-devel] Patch to rfc2388 to make IE file uploads work properly

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 13:41:33 UTC 2006

It seems our rfc2388 lib allowed backslashes to escape the next character
when reading the attributes to a multipart header. IE passes the whole path
of a file as the filename attribute to Content-Disposition, but this library
behaviour stripped out these backslashes. After some looking at RFCs and
scratching my head, Marco explained to me that this behaviour is wrong, so
here is a patch to the library which removes the backslash-escaping
behaviour.

Regards,
Marijn