[Bese-devel] Re: A few UCW issues

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:02:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 5/29/06, Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> wrote:

> "Marijn Haverbeke" <marijnh at gmail.com> writes:
> > - Is there a supported way to get header variables out of a request
> object? I
> > can just access the headers slot using ucw::headers, but that's not very
> nice.
> > - Also, is there a way to set headers for a response? I need one header
> added
> > to every response the server generates, but I haven't been able to find
> a way
> > to even set a header in a single response.
>
> the get-header and (setf get-header) methods are defined for both
> request and response object. [get-header on a response is silly, as is
> (setf get-header) on a request].

But in my version of UCW (straight from darcs  repo), ucw::get-header is an
internal symbol... so  I assumed it was not part of the interface. Is this
for a reason? Are library users supposed to just use internal symbols from
UCW?

if it were to give you warm fuzzy feelings here's what you'd need to
> do:
>
> (setf (component.calling-component my-component) nil)

I'm definitely feeling more warm and fuzzy now that I at least have a clue
what is going on. Thanks!

Regards,
Marijn Haverbeke