[Bese-devel] aserve backend refers to deprecated class

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Sun May 21 02:27:03 UTC 2006

I was just getting back to UCW after a long hiatus based on the current
state of ucw_dev and the relevant libraries and discovered that the
aserve backend which I use seems to depend on a deprecated class
'standard-entry-point'.  I can find no definition of this class within
the source tree and it's the only backend which refers to it.

Any guidance?

Error:

No class named: IT.BESE.UCW::STANDARD-ENTRY-POINT.
   [Condition of type PROGRAM-ERROR]

Trace:

Backtrace:
  0: (SWANK::DEBUG-IN-EMACS #<PROGRAM-ERROR @ #x119e6c3a>)
  1: (SWANK:SWANK-DEBUGGER-HOOK #<PROGRAM-ERROR @ #x119e6c3a> #<Function
SWANK-DEBUGGER-HOOK>)
  2: (CERROR "Try finding the class again" PROGRAM-ERROR :FORMAT-CONTROL
"No class named: ~S." :FORMAT-ARGUMENTS (IT.BESE.UCW::STANDARD-ENTRY-POINT))
  3: (FIND-CLASS IT.BESE.UCW::STANDARD-ENTRY-POINT)
  4: ((:TOP-LEVEL-FORM "aserve.lisp" 1155))
  5: (LOAD
#P"/Users/eslick/Work/fsrc/lisp/ucw_dev/src/backend/allegro-8.0-macosx-powerpc/aserve.fasl")