[Bese-devel] Refactoring :ucw.default and :ucw.config

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sat May 13 20:46:14 UTC 2006

Hello!

I decided to simplify how the default options are loaded through
ucwctl (but this is true as well if you directly call the correct
functions).

Now, the situation is the following:

- the :ucw.config system defines a series of function that manage to
  load the *ucw-config-file* and prepare the *ucw-applications* and
  *ucw-systems* variables

- the :ucw.default system, on the contrary, set the default values for
  each variables and then load the *ucw-config-file* when present or
  just call the function to set the *ucw-applications* and
  *ucw-systems* variables

Now, this means that two ASDF systems are used, but they could be
merged back into the general :ucw system, because:

- setting the default variables even if they are not used later is not
  really a problem (please correct me if I'm wrong)

- instead of firing the :ucw.default system up, etc/start.lisp loads
  the *ucw-config-file* if present or call the needed function for the
  *ucw-applications* and *ucw-systems* variables (this is exactly the
  same last action executed by the :ucw.default system)

Does anyone have better suggestions or comments?  In case of no
replies for the next 3 days, I'll commit the changes.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca