[Bese-devel] Re: patches not in the darcs repos

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Wed May 3 20:42:41 UTC 2006

> [Bunch of stuff about the mystery of the phantom patches]
>the short story is that i do stupid things from time to time. you're
>doing everything right it's just that there are some patches is
>ucw_public which i have no intention of applying to ucw_dev (and
>should in fact unrec from ucw_public).
>
>when stupid things like this happen _please_ bug me and make sure i
>keep things clean.

That was my suspicion :-)

How about (in the future) Rollback instead of an Unrecord, pretty much the
same effect, but then there is a record of the patch being there and then
being undone, so if we happen to have pulled in that brief period, we don't
get confused by the phantom patches :-) "I hate Phantom Spaceman." [1]

Remember, when it's the middle of the night there, we are still working over
here!

Nathan Bird

[1] Venture Brothers is an awesome show:
http://venture.mancubus.net/eps/102.php