[Bese-devel] patches not in the darcs repos

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Wed May 3 17:26:43 UTC 2006

I've had a couple occurrences lately of patches seeming to disappear from
the ucw_dev darcs repository, and am trying to track down why that might be.

I see from time to time, patches like this
http://uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=ucw_public;a=commit;h=200603
04153343-dd2a1-8df6a3c66adaba7fef54530e989f690c83fcf83d.gz "Move the yaclml
directory into the new html directory" from Marco.

This patch isn't in the ucw_dev repository.  That particular patch I believe
I applied to ucw_public, when I was uploading some other patches to
ucw_public a week ago, I figured that it was just one that hadn't gotten
pushed over from dev to public yet. But then when I got a fresh copy of
ucw_dev I find that the patch isn't present in that repository. But if I
didn't get it from ucw_dev or ucw_public, I'm not sure where it did come
from.

Looking at the tree of ucw_dev
http://uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=ucw_dev;a=tree;f=/src you
can also see that the effects of the patch aren't there.

I've seen this on one or two other patches in the last couple of months, but
don't have any specific links. The question is, do you know why this might
be happening? Have you unpulled or unrecorded (rather than rollback) patches
from the ucw_dev repo? Am I doing something wrong with darcs? Is this a bug
in darcs?

This hasn't been to much of a problem, but I'm really curious as to why it
is happening.

Nathan Bird