[Bese-devel] ucw boxset

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue May 2 17:57:33 UTC 2006

Marco,

I just downloaded your boxset on a fresh SBCL install in Mac OS X.
Here is the output of the initial sbcl --load start.lisp command:

This is SBCL 0.9.12, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF::FORMAT-ARGUMENTS ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: FORMAT-ARGUMENTS

;     (ASDF::FORMAT-CONTROL ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: FORMAT-CONTROL

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   These functions are undefined:
;     FORMAT-ARGUMENTS FORMAT-CONTROL
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 3 STYLE-WARNING conditions

; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF:ERROR-COMPONENT ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: ERROR-COMPONENT

;     (ASDF:ERROR-OPERATION ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: ERROR-OPERATION

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   These functions are undefined:
;     ERROR-COMPONENT ERROR-OPERATION
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 3 STYLE-WARNING conditions

; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF::COMPONENT-VISITED-P ASDF::O ASDF::C)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: COMPONENT-VISITED-P

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   This function is undefined:
;     COMPONENT-VISITED-P
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 2 STYLE-WARNING conditions

; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF::CHECK-COMPONENT-INPUT TYPE
;                                ASDF::NAME
;                                ASDF::WEAKLY-DEPENDS-ON
;                                ASDF::DEPENDS-ON
;                                ASDF::COMPONENTS
;                                ASDF::IN-ORDER-TO)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: CHECK-COMPONENT-INPUT

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   This function is undefined:
;     CHECK-COMPONENT-INPUT
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 2 STYLE-WARNING conditions

; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (ASDF::SYSDEF-ERROR-COMPONENT ":depends-on must be a list."
;                                 TYPE
;                                 ASDF::NAME
;                                 ASDF::DEPENDS-ON)
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: SYSDEF-ERROR-COMPONENT

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   This function is undefined:
;     SYSDEF-ERROR-COMPONENT
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 2 STYLE-WARNING conditions

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
   Error during processing of --eval option (LOAD #P"start.lisp"):

   The function ASDF::MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF is undefined.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
   0: [CONTINUE] Ignore and continue with next --eval option.
   1: [ABORT   ] Skip rest of --eval options.
   2:            Skip to toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
   3: [QUIT    ] Quit SBCL (calling #'QUIT, killing the process).

((LAMBDA (SB-IMPL::E)) #<UNDEFINED-FUNCTION MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF
{119F86E1}>)
0]

However, after adding:

(require 'asdf)

to the top of start.lisp, everything seems to be working. Demos seem
to be working as well.

Hope this helps.
Waldo