[Bese-devel] Re: Current problem with darcs latest.

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Mar 31 16:31:38 UTC 2006

"William Halliburton" <whalliburton at gmail.com> writes:

> Just darcs pulled all the latest and the start.lisp is now broken. Cleaned all
> fasl's out and tried again. Same error. darcs get all the directories again and
> reload - same error.
>
> Any quick ideas?

yeah: shoot marco.

> SBCL 0.9.7
>
> There is no applicable method for the generic function
>   #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION (SETF IT.BESE.UCW:COMPONENT.PLACE) (1)>
> when called with arguments
>   (#<IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE (SB-MOP:SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS CLASS
>                                                        IT.BESE.UCW::INSTANCE
>                                                        IT.BESE.UCW::SLOT-DEF)
> {A23EC89}>
>    "text/html; charset=utf-8;").
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

(setf place) takes two arguments, but the first sholud be the new
value and the second should be the place, it looks like this call is
being done 'backwards'. argh. that second arg, "text/html;
charset=utf-8;", looks like a really strange thing to be putting into
a component's slot. i'm somewhat at a lost, i don't have time atm to
look into this on sbcl but i will tomorrow and maybe we'll figure out
what's happening.

are you just running the examples or is there some other code involved?