[Bese-devel] Re: Reader macro

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:20:15 UTC 2006

I don't want to flood the list, but my last mail about the yaclml
reader macro stuff seams to be morphed through the wires, so here it
is again. (the patch is omitted this time, because it's already there)

> Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...

I think >>>> is not that bad, actually we can live with )))) pretty
well. Also emacs can be easily configured to know about <>.

I added enable-xml-reader-syntax and friends. Also modified the reader
macro to use simply < without breaking the < function I hope (it did
work). It just looks ahead one character more and if it is a space,
then it returns the < symbol otherwise reads an XML element. I know it
kills symbols starting with < character, but I don't know how usual it
is? Anyway one would not enable this syntax but only in certain
places, so I guess it's not a big issue. Remember I was starting this
whole stuff to help prototyping, because predefining the XML elements
may give you nice things such as showing the possible attributes,
child elements, etc.

Do you know any other problem that this solution may introduce?

So an example would looks like this:

(use-package :yaclml)

(use-package :iterate)

(enable-xml-reader-syntax)