[Bese-devel] Re: :component slots and places idea/question

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun Mar 12 11:48:34 UTC 2006

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> i hope it's a useful idea and someone with more knowledge picks it up,

nice idea. i've commited something similar (to ucw_public for now,
i'll move it over to ucw_dev if it works for you).

the way it works is that whenever you setf a slot of a
standard-component to a standard-component instance we setup the place
(this english explanation is a lot more confusing than the code
tself). i considered also adding in backtracking of the slot, but it's
hard to tell if a place is already backtracked or not and i don't want
to create spurious backtrack forms. if there already was a component
in that slot we don't tocuh it, so you'll to set its place to nil
manually. if this seems like a bad idea to you just tell me and i'll
change it.