[Bese-devel] rfc2109

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 20:02:24 UTC 2006

hi!

here's the case with rfc2109: it conditionally reads the 5am tests in
its single lisp file with #+5am tests.

the trouble comes when a user loads rfc2109 with 5am already loaded
(fasl gets compiled with 5am references) and later loads it when 5am
is not loaded (fasl fails to load).

this seems to be rare at first look, but still many ucw users report this.

the usual solution for this is to create an rfc2109.test system in
rfc2109.asd but it won't work with a single file project and too
complicated for a project of this size anyway.

another solution would be if we could force asdf to always load
rfc2109 from source and leave alone fasl's. anyone knows how to do
that?

until it's properly resolved i've pushed an UNDO of my patch that
added 5am unconditionally to the dependencies. this will render the
box-set working again except the situation described above.

--
- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)