[Bese-devel] Re: ucw.asd

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 02:34:32 UTC 2006

Evrim ULU <evrim at core.gen.tr> writes:
>>>Why not using :serial t instead of defining every dependency?
>>Because recompilations are faster that way.
>>
> could you expand this more? didn't get why we constantly need to
> recompile whole ucw to consider speed as a problem. i'm favoring
> simplicity and readablity.

That's the point. Specifying the dependencies between files avoids
recompiling the whole UCW when a change is made to, say, just one
file. ASDF will only recompile what depends on that file. It's a big win
in large systems.

Anyway, I guess it's up to the developer(s) to decide whether it's worth
the trouble to specify the dependencies.

--
Luís Oliveira
luismbo (@) gmail (.) com