[Bese-devel] Line breaks

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Wed Jun 21 22:22:54 UTC 2006

Hello,
The output of UCW looks like this:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/transitional.dtd">
  ><head
    /><title
      >Hosting Compass</title
    ><link href="/hc/hc.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
/><script type="text/javascript" src="dojo.js"
      ></script
    ><script type="text/javascript" src="/hc/ucw/js/per-application.js"
      ></script
    ></head

There are many line breaks in odd places. I understand that it may solve some problems putting them there, but, are they valid ?
Whether they are valid or not, it confuses the validator (http://validator.w3.org) into reading <meta ...> instead of <meta .../> and then it claims it is invalid XML.
Is there anything that can be done to avoid those line jumps (even if it means outputing one long line) ?
And if it is a valid XML, then I'll post a bug report for the validator.
Thanks.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> http://pupeno.com