[Bese-devel] Re: component tree

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:38:23 UTC 2006

> Heh, I know. I'm just a little intimidated by that branch since I don't have
> a clue what changed and why, so where do I start looking around? Has
> anything at all been written about the approach that is being taken there,
> or can you maybe point me to useful posts in the mailing list archive?

hm, let's try to make one quickly... :)

the ajax branch is the dev branch + some extras and some changes, and
i keep them in sync. it's 99% compatible with the dev branch but
backward compatibility was not the primary focus.

the most important infrastructural changes happened around actions.
actions are now structs (as opposed to simple lambdas) and this struct
can store several details about the action (should it create a new
frame? should it's body be wrapped in with-call/cc? should we call the
render loop after it's finished? should we manage the response or the
action does it itself, etc). to be able to define these details the
action creation has been changed a little (action-href,
make-new-action and friends), for details see use the source.

callbacks were similarly refactored, they have priorities and
dependencies now but they are a bit more internal then the actions.

the <ucw: tags need to deal with these more complex actions and client
side ajax scriplets creation, so the :action parameter has been
renamed to :action-body and :action now expects an action struct.

the per-application parenscript file contains some more client side code.

that's all that quickly pops up, for further details see the counter
and add some numbers example and the code.

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)