[Bese-devel] Re: component tree

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 10:15:49 UTC 2006

> > problem, but it's somewhat unelegant. I think it would be a good idea to
> > organize these callbacks under forms, and only call them when *their* form is
> > submitted. This could be done with a dynamic variable that is bound with a let
> > by an <ucw:form call.

just a note: the ajax branch already has a current-form dynamic
variable due to other needs (submit callbacks, (current-form-id) call,
etc)

> > The other problem was that it is impossible to register callbacks that allways
> > get executed when a form is submitted, for input fields whose values do not
> > correspond 1-to-1 with request parameters (checkbox, multiple select). I'm
> > still planning to work on this, but my grasp on the action and frame concepts
> > is still a little weak, so I can't really see what would be the best way to do
> > this.
>
> yeah, this is an issue. attila is working on something like this in
> the ucw_ajax branch. if that isn't enough, or if i'm misunderstanding
> what attila is doing, then we should definetly think about how to do
> this.

submit callbacks are exactly for this... please look around in the
ajax branch! (i feel like a marketing guy... :)

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)