[Bese-devel] Re: <ucw: input elements and javascript

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 16 08:21:04 UTC 2006

Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 01:44:49PM +0200, Marijn Haverbeke wrote:
>> Also, I think there is a bug with <ucw:input tags that have :type "checkbox"
>> - browsers do not seem to add a variable to a request for an unchecked
>> checkbox, causing the :accessor or :writer on such tags to never run when
>> the box is unchecked.
>
> This is true; I recently was puzzled by this, and ended up "working
> around" by clearing out the value while rendering the page each time.

this is what the checkbox elements do in form.lisp, works, but it sure
ain't pretty. is there, other than this, a good reason to have
callbacks which are called even when the corresponding reuest
parameter isn't provided (this is a fairly easy change t omake but
will cause problems in the code which assumes the current behaviour).

Forget your perfect offering.