[Bese-devel] Re: UCW box-set - undefined-function error get it.bese.arnesi::get-match-handler

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Thu Jun 15 08:34:48 UTC 2006

Tom Popovich wrote:

 > Hi Lou,
 >
 > || Line 122 of matcher.lisp creates the matcher that your Lisp is complaining about:
 > || (def-matcher :bind (spec var)
 > || When file matcher.lisp is loaded it should be creating the :bind matcher (with this line).
 >
 > Yes that is the line;   I tried to eval that form directly and it gives the same error.
 >
 > || The matcher is stored in the match-handler hash table, so as long as hash.lisp
 > || and matcher.lisp are loaded prior to the file that is giving you trouble the
 > || function that is causing you the trouble should be defined.
 > || Perhaps you could tell us your Lisp version and show us a longer transcript
 > || of the output of where the error is occurring so we can see what is prompting
 > || the error.
 >
 > WHAT LISP:  I was using Allegro version 8.0 on Windows (modern image version - the one w/ case sensitive symbol names) - its called mlisp.exe they also have alisp.exe that uppercases all
symbol names.

[snip]

I'm 90% sure this is the problem: the hash table's getters/setters are dynamically created
with uppercase letters, yet when they are invoked they use lowercase letters.
This is fine for ansi cl, but not so much for "modern" versions of lisp.

Use the ansi version of allegro (alisp) and I think that solves this problem.

BR

Lou Vanek
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
   /// Bram Moolenaar