[Bese-devel] Re: Changing the css-class of input fields (when they are wrapped in field objects)

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 9 15:34:50 UTC 2006

"Marijn Haverbeke" <marijnh at gmail.com> writes:

> Again about the form-field classes - they currently inherit from
> widget-component, which gives them a css-class slot. Only in a lot of cases the
> behaviour this implements is not what you want - wrapping something in a DIV
> with a class is rarely equivalent to just giving it that class, and I need some
> of my input fields to have a certain class. (And I dislike superfluous DIV
> elements anyway.)

what would work (and is a good idea now that you bring it up) is an
html-element class of which widget class (with its current behaviour)
and generic-html-input are subclasses of. html-element would have
slots for style, class, id, onclick, etc. widget-class would maintain
its current behaviour and the form stuff would avoid spurious divs.

Forget your perfect offering.