[Bese-devel] Re: dom-id's in xxx-select-field elements

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Thu Jun 8 21:55:29 UTC 2006

Dear Drunken Elephant  :)

I'm kinda new around these here corners of the net, but
allow me to add my thoughts.

The external interface seems to be in flux (the examples
don't even compile any more due to interface changes). So
changing things around to be more consistent seems more than
workable.

I would go ahead and make the changes, create a few patches,
and submit 'em. What's the worst that can happen? You get
a code base that's more to your liking (it's partially YOUR
code), and Marco may decide not to merge your changes. But that
doesn't change the fact that you have changed ucw more to your
liking. Your changes remain intact every time you run darcs
(unless of course the SELECT code is changed in the future, but
then you can simply refuse that patch).

I've been working on several patches myself. I'll probably be
submitting them in the next day or two. I'm trying to get ucw
to play nice with clisp and araneida. Marco's code walker has
my head hurting, but the worst is over.

Lou Vanek
--
To sin by silence when they should
protest makes cowards of men.

[sorry if this is a double post -- gmane is acting up]