[Bese-devel] backtracking.lisp: compile issue

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 07:31:41 UTC 2006

> ; in: DEFMETHOD PLACE (PLACE)
> ;     (DEFMETHOD IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE
> ;              ((IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE))
> ;              "Returns the current value of PLACE."
> ;              (ETYPECASE (IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE.GETTER IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE)
> ;                (FUNCTION
> ;                 (FUNCALL (IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE.GETTER IT.BESE.UCW::PLACE)))
> ;                (IT.BESE.ARNESI::CLOSURE/CC
> ;                 (IT.BESE.ARNESI:WITH-CALL/CC (FUNCALL #)))))
> ;
> ; caught WARNING:
> ;   Reference to unknown variable PLACE.

recently Marco enabled arnesi call/cc warnings for unknown variable
references and it's probably a bug with defmethod's argument handling
in the cps transform. i've seen this here, too...

> On a fresh checkout of ucw_dev with no old fasls, using sbcl 0.9.13.8, I
> ran sbcl and did the following:
> (require 'asdf)
> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :fiveam) ; needed because the next line bombs
> otherwise

this is a bug in rfc2109.asd i have a patch for locally with another
small bugfix. if somebody can add me (alendvai) to the group i can
check them in. or i'll send the patch, but i've warned the author
about the missing 5am dependency long ago.

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)