[Bese-devel] ucw_ajax does not build

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Sun Jul 23 20:09:59 UTC 2006

it sounds like your lisp is trying to call
the following function in (arnesi_dev) io.lisp:

(defmacro defprint-object ((self class-name &key (identity t) (type t))
                            &body body)

if that's the case, the lamba list "(uri uri :identity nil) body"
is a valid macro call.

maybe your version of sbcl is old?

Denys Rtveliashvili wrote:
>>          invalid number of elements in
>>            (URI URI :IDENTITY NIL)
>>          to satisfy lambda list
>>            (IT.BESE.ARNESI::SELF CLASS-NAME):
>>          exactly 2 expected, but 4 found
>>
>>pull arnesi... it's always a good first try to pull the close
>>dependencies when errors pop up.
>

> I tried to pull ucw_ajax and arnesi but no updates came. Maybe I should
> use another branch of arnesi if it exists?

all public versions can be accessed at,
http://uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi

there are only two public branches that i'm aware
of that are maintained:      ucw_dev, ucw_ajax

> Meanwhile continue to experiment in the ucw branch. I already pulled out
> much javascript code into a separate static .js file. It becomes
> something like a complementary to dojo.js. As for the generated HTML, it
> becomes thinner every moment. For instance, the form-related javascript
> code is just a call to a function which does everything necessary on
> it's own.
>
> With best regards,
> Denys R

i like your idea of minimizing javascript. Javascript runs so slow and takes
so long to download that it's a real drain when you're trying to create an
application with fast response times.

i'd be more impressed, however, if you were able to shrink dojo.js.
Dojo seems to be a great way to build intranet apps, but not convinced
it's lean enough to work in the wild. I've been experimenting with
jquery and ucw. Getting much better response times.

good luck,

-lv