[Bese-devel] rfc2109: upstream alive?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Jul 20 23:20:16 UTC 2006

Hello!

I noticed that Attila committed some changes to the upstream rfc2109
repository [1], mainly modifying the test suite.

As from [2], I tried with no success to contact its author before
(cc:ed in this mail, too), because I'm the Debian maintainer and I had
implemented a similar test suite, (available at [3]) as I didn't like
the hardcoded SBCL dependency in test.sh.

The current implementation lets two files, unused IMO: test.sh and the
file loaded by it, runner.lisp (try to load it and you see the output
a bit different that the rfc2109.test ASDF system).  I think they
should be removed or the test suite could load runner.lisp (renamed to
test.lisp, as I did at [3]).

Moreover, as rfc2109.lisp contains RFC documents, I removed them from
the Debian package [4] (they are against the DFSG [5]) and I'll
propose the same for upstream (but this is a _very_personal_opinion_).

Just FYI.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/project/rfc2109/rfc2109