[Bese-devel] ucw config stuff

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:36:26 UTC 2006

>   2) changing these variables, things like *ucw-log-level* and
>   *ucw-wwwroot*, are only looked at when create-server is called,
>   changing them later has no effect (this is confusing).
>
>   3) i don't see what advantage there is to editing etc/conf.lisp vs
>   etc/start.lisp.
>
>   comments?

i mostly agree, but be careful with *ucw-compile-time-log-level*

for obvious reasons this variable must be set after the ucw.asd file was
loaded (after a (find-system :ucw), so that it's defined) and before loading
ucw itself with (require :ucw).

ofcourse this can be done in start.lisp, but the way it's defined in the
ucw.asd file in the ucw-system package is a must-have as far as is can see.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"

Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)